Friday, May 18, 2012

You Vicious Piece of Jelly

Sometimes we come across people who we will never forget. Even though I have never had the mindset that everyone will treat me the greatest or do right by me. You never expect to come across someone who uses you for their benefit and behaves in a manner that makes you feel low and worthless.

I am sitting back re evaluating my relationship with my ex and in order for me to understand how to co exist and love a self centered person, I tried to think back to 2007 to review some of the red flags I chose to ignore, because I loved him so much and I thought that I could change him. If you decide to maintain a relationship with a selfish individual I have listed some things that may help you, and some things that might make you run like hell. I wish I had someone that broke it down for me, and maybe I wouldn't have lost so much time.

1. Never think that you can change them. Selfish people don't even realize that they have a problem until they are on the verge of losing you or other loved ones. Even then, this change is very short-lived.

2. Examine their childhood. People with narcissistic tendencies, often come from being hurt emotionally as a child.

3. They become involved in material things, vanity, and can be a bit shallow. They fear loving someone else besides themselves, have intimacy issues, and cannot develop mature love relationships.

4. Selfish people can not handle any form of criticism, so please choose your words carefully. Otherwise, they feel as if they are being attacked and they will attack back, or completely shut down.

5. Do not resort to behavior that is beneath you. Dealing with someone with this type of personality can be challenging. One of my problems was I allowed myself to behave in a ridiculous manner, just because I was trying to hurt my ex...which was wrong. You have to find a balance.

6. If you truly love this person and feel like it is worth it, then seek therapy. It is the only way...you fooling yourself if you think you can fix it all by yourself.

Remember: Therapy=Happy and Healthy Relationships!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment