Thursday, June 7, 2012

Check Ya Self

Get It Together

As women we have to be very mindful of how we represent ourselves, especially when we are out in public. I am a person that gets so caught up in my emotions, that I lose respect and any regard for anyone that disagrees with me. I am learning to be more objective and realize "Hey E, you really could have handled that better" Often I use hurtful words to try to make the person I argue with angry instead of listening and trying to diffuse the situation. I do realize my imperfections and I am working on being better. So my focus is  to stop and listen, without talking over the person (I have that really bad), and to really just focus on the bigger picture and leaving the past in the past.

Is This A Problem?

So I love my CB and everything, but I can't help but feel a little irritated with his "fan club" aka female friends. Is it normal for a man to have sooooo many female friends, I mean where in the hell is all of your fine azz male friends????? And maybe I wouldn't have an issue if I was formally introduced to them, but it just seems to me that a new woman pops up every week. It really irks! I don't know, I'm just the type that uses discretion when I am dealing with "friends" of the opposite sex, and the person I am involved with. I don't feel like I need a bunch of male friends because my man is considered to be one of my best friends and we should confide in each other, and laugh together, and go out....together.  I can't even get him to sit down and chill with me and my friends at Twilight Tuesday because he has to show face around the entire park. *shrugs* get over it E! L.I.G

Set Trippin

I love my set and all, but I feel so disconnected from the lifestyle. I feel like I need to show my face, but I am also on my celibacy journey and that just seems counterproductive to me. I really want to become an active member again, but why would I go to just watch?? The players ball is in November and I really really really really really want to attend, but i don't know if it is what I should do. Then I have lame ass chicks, writing books exposing the lifestyle...smh. I just don't know if it is something that I want to be apart of anymore, the dynamics of the set is changing, and I don't think I like it.





No comments:

Post a Comment