Friday, March 23, 2012

The High Cost of Anger


This is a series that we are going over in my bible study class, and this lesson came right on time. Ephesians 4:26 says "Be ye angry and sin not! Do not let the sun go down upon your wrath." We often become so angry that it completely consumes us. I know it consumed me! It takes me so long to recover after being upset, this is why I try to avoid confrontation. After a failed relationship it is natural to feel some anger, it is how we respond to the anger. After I got off of the phone with my ex after our last argument, I took my phone and threw it and it powered off and never came back on again. Since I couldn't control my anger, I ended up having to go without a phone for the rest of the day, needless to say...it wasn't worth it.

I began to realize that I was allowing my anger to ruin my relationship with GOD. There was such a disconnect, that I found myself unable to pray, unable to tithe, not willing to fellowship and that is NOT me! Now when I react to something I try to react with a conscious and clear mind. When people see me, they should see Jesus. I don't want to be a poor representative for GOD and I surely don't want to make him look bad.

I would like to share a quote from Pastor Chuck Swindoll..."Lord, I am willing, to receive what you give; to lack what you withhold; to relinquish what you take; to suffer what you inflict; to be what you require. And, Lord, if others are to be your messengers to me, I am willing to hear and heed what they have to say."Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment